A complete description can be found in the Annual LDRD Program Plan
A brief description can be found in the LDRD Information Session slides
Fermilab has instituted a Laboratory Directed Research and Development program as outlined by DOE Order O413.2C in order to support employee initiated proposals that are novel, cutting edge, and explore forefront areas of science and technology. The program will enhance the Laboratory's ability to carry out the mission of DOE and the Laboratory in areas that are outside current programmatic activities but are well-aligned with the strategic goals of the Laboratory.
The FY2017 Call for Proposals
Status: The FY17 new Projects are documented under the Current and On-going Projects tab to the left. Decisions are being made regarding the FY18 program including the timeline. Please start thinking of your new ideas now expecting a Call in late June with Preliminary Proposals due in August.
- Quick links for perspective Principle Investigators
- Prliminary Proposal (template (.docx,pdf)
- Full Proposal (template (.docx,pdf)
- Budget Table template to be completed with Division Field Financial Manager(.xlsm)(updated)
- Evaluation criteria for full proposals (criteria)
- Reporting requirements for end of project (instructions)
- What LDRD can be used to support
- Advanced study of hypothesis, concepts, and innovative approaches to scientific, technical, or computational problems
- Experiments, theoretical studies, simulations, and analyses directed toward "proof of principle" or early determination of the utility of new scientific ideas, technical concepts, and devices or research tools
- Concept creation and preliminary technical analyses of advanced, novel experimental facilities and devices or of facilities for computational science.
- What LDRD is unable to support
- R&D that is already part of programmatic activity / existing project
- R&D that requires non-LDRD funds to complete